Sign in to follow this  
VABasser

Ruffins Pond?

I was going golfing today at Four Winds if any of you know where that is, off rt. 17 a bit in Chesterfield I think  :-?.  But 17 (pretty sure its 17) crosses a body of water called Ruffins Pond.  It has a ton of standing timber and some aquatic vegetation it looks like.  You could slide a canoe in but thats about it.  Has anyone ever fished this or know anything about it?  I looked it up on the VDGIF site and it wasnt there.  With all the structure it seems like it'd be killer for largemouth

Wow I'm an idiot its in Spotyslvania.  I have no idea where I got Chesterfield from.  So nobody else has ever heard anything about Ruffins?  I guess thats to be expected, its off the beaten track a bit.  Well maybe I'll go slide my canoe in there sometime next week and let you all know how I do

There are two Ruffins Ponds, one in Spotsylvania County and one in Chesterfield County.

GPS Coordinates:

37.3188, -77.3716 Chesterfield County

38.2468, -77.4130 Spotsylvania County

Good catch, its definitely the Spotsy one.  Considering its called a pond its pretty good size, maybe 80 acres or so.  It looked like parts of an old bridge ran across it.  And with all the standing timber I'm hoping it'd hold some nice bass.

I have seen the pond in Spottsy and it is beautiful.

I have no idea of how to get into it other than transport your boat and equipment on foot.

I don't know what fish are in it.

Sorry, wish I could have been more help.  :)

I had to go down to Fredericksburg on Thursday, and your post prompted me to take a closer look at Ruffins pond.

Bad news is that it is plastered with No Trespassing signs. There is even one on a post in the pond itself. Probably ought to go look for a different spot.