Sign in to follow this  
eddieinva

Anyone ever fish Beaverdam-VA?

Just curious, I try and take my kayak out that way a few times a week after work.. I see people on there on the weekends, not so much on the weekdays, unless its fairly early..  My fishfinder tells me there are tons of fish in there.. i just have little luck landing them..

I've had decent luck there the last two times I was there but it's hard to figure something out there. One day the fish will hammer one thing and the next day you won't even get a nibble on the same lure.

When I was there they were into natural colored tubes and relating close to rocks, since then I've heard from other anglers that they've gone deep and are harder to target!

Good luck out there! let us know how you do! :)

Posted this in GD too...There are a lot of deep rock outcropings out there that hold a lot of fish.  A few years ago during a dry spell, the water levels fell a ton, and you got to see the bottom.  A lot of featureless sandy/mud bottom... There are a few creekbeds in there, and rock piles, and they hold tons of fish.

I used to fish this when I was a kid in the 80s and this place was great...The action there sucked thru the 90s for me.  The last time I went there the water was so low that you could walk out hundreds of feet.

i've decided it's definitely not the angler.. it's the equipment..  i'm going to dicks today to pick up more crankbaits...lol ..  the wife is not amused..  

that would be loudon county.. i'm looking into burke lake but I think you actually have to pay if your not a fairfax resident..  any other bodies of water that are free that you guys might know of that yields good amounts of bass fishing??

OK, that's Beaverdam Creek Reservoir. The advice given above is for there and good advice.

Lake Burke has two launch ramps, one owned by Fairfax County and charges a fee, the other is run by the VDGIF and is free.

Occoquan reservoir is not far from there as well. Lot's of good info to be found here > http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/