Sign in to follow this  
basspro48

Pamunkey is hot

The tides are perfect this whole week for fishing the weedlines on the pamunkey and the bite is hot. Went out this morning and caught 35 total with 26 keepers, biggest going about 3.5

Most came on a wacky rigged senko and a ZOOM 4" dead ringer in moccasin blue.

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I've been meaning to try this place out but a friend didn't think a kayak would be safe, do you recommend taking a kayak out on it?

The upper Pamunkey is a decent place to yak, but I doubt it would be very enjoyable on the lower tidal section. A boat is pretty much necessity on the section I fish.

Gald to hear the Pamunkey is still perking.

We caught a boat load of bass two months ago and it is wonderful that the fishing is still good.

I had plans to venture out this week but I have to go to New Orleans thsi weekend so my week is shot.

Don't tell anyone about those Moccasin blue Dead Ringers. They are my secret bait.  ;D

And we had great success with the #5 Shad Raps (Shad) on the flats at the mouths of the creeks when the tide turned.  Bandits worked, too.

Does Conner still fish?  Have not noticed him on the forum in a while.

Glad you had a super day.  :)

Oh don't worry about the secret bait getting out, what they don't know is the way you have to fish it to get the big bites  ;)

And yeh him and his dad are actually on their way to Detroit right now for the Fishers of Men Regional Championship on Lake St. Clair