Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Helping Our Soldiers

This is for all of you Northern Virginia members. We have a member (Shannon Peters ak.a. fishhard) of the forum that is stationed in Afghanistan and he is requesting some DVDs of fishing shows or fishing videos from the net. I am going to send a package over to him of some of the shows I already have. If anyone is interested in helping out with this brave young man's request please let me know. I plan on mailing the package one night next week if you would like to donate. I will cover the shipping charges so you don't have to worry about them.

Thanks guys for your support.

Ron

Ron,

How do you want me to transmit to you? Send a PM.

Jon

I'd like to help but all I've got is one rapala video. I'm sure you probably already have it.

Andrew, I don't have any Rapala videos. I have some shows on my Tivo that I am transferring to DVD for Shannon. So what ever you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I want to get a package out to him next week.

FYI: I just heard from Shannon this morning and he told me they had to deal with 3 roadside bombs and that they arrested 6 Taliban yesterday.

I just want to say thank you to Vekol for donating some videos for this cause. If anyone else wants to help out just let me know. I am hoping to get all of my videos transferred from Tivo to DVDs by mid to late next week and then I will be mailing the packages. I will also be including some bass magazines and snacks for Shannon and his unit.

I have also decided to help out one other soldier in Irag, his name is Joe (BassinSoldier on the forum). I am providing the same videos, bass magazines and snacks to him and his unit.

I would really appreciate any help that you guys can provide.