Sign in to follow this  
JCrzy4Bass

Leave of absence.  See you guys next year some time...

Hey guys, this isn't really a farewell notice, but more of a "I won't be around much" for the off season and last few months of this season. As you nova guys know the kid is on the way and due Sept 17. I have taken my last cast for the year aside from a couple of mornings (days I work nights) until the kid is born and the only full day I'll have will be the day of my wife's baby shower since I not need attend. I'll be on the Occoquan River with my dad closing out my year.

I just want to say it's been a blast fishing with all the different guys I've hooked up with this year and thanks to everyone for chiming in on my reports, giving me some new spots to check out, and for just being there as a friend. This place is awesome and I'll try and be back next year as much as possible but these first couple of years with the kid are gonna be a new challenge for me and aside from family life I plan on getting back into my electric guitar that has taken a back seat the past two years and concentrate on fantasy football since I'm in multiple leagues this year.

I will get out occassionally maybe around my bday on October 23 and a time or two in November during the thanksgiving break but other than that my year is done.

If anyone wants to get a hold of me add me as a contact. My email and website are available on my profile. I wish everyone the best of luck for the remainder of the year and future seasons and hope to get back out with some of you if I get the chance next year.

Again thanks to all of you guys who have helped make fishing one of my favorite things to do in the world over the last couple of seasons. You guys are awesome!

Special thanks to Paul, Simon, Andrew, Kevin, Andy (good luck in Iraq buddy, we are home waiting for you), Dan, Sam, Vekol, and most importantly to my dad for all the fun trips this year. I'll keep you guys in the loop as far as the craziness of my life in the short and upcoming future once the kid comes into this world. Be safe, have fun, and I hope you guys don't forget the days we've had together. I know I won't.

Later fellas.

I will have blogs up this afternoon of the two trips I made this weekend with some great pics. I'll also have reports up of Occoquan on August 16, the Rappahannock the following Friday (August 23) as I'm off that day, and a couple other mornings I fish the lakes around here. Check my blog for updates through the end of this month. Thanks for the good times, tight lines!

Congrats man!

Kids really will change your life... mostly for the better, but it can be super frustrating as well.

I'm lucky if I get to get out fishing once every 2 weeks.  But I have 3!

Jason,

Good Luck wuth the kid and CONGRATS to you and your wife!!! I hope your child is healthy and y'all have a blast!!! Don't stay gone for too long!!! We still haven't been able to hook up and do some fishing yet!!!

-Joe 8-)

Good luck! Going cold turkey is going to be hard! I couldn't even do once every 2 weeks  :( Congrats again on the baby and I hope he/she gets a fishin rod at the baby shower. :P

Jay, you and I will still squeeze in a fishing trip once in a while when time permits.

You'll be surprised, you'll find time now and then ;)

You'll find out the hard way just how much you can get away with and not get thrown in the doghouse.  But yeah props for dedicating all your free time to family for the first few months at least.  

Anyone who has a baby knows that you and your wife will be busy and I am glad you have your priorities straight.

We will keep in touch plus the fact that I plan to fish the Potomac with your Dad, probably during the week of the 18th.

Be sure to send us photos of the baby.

All the best to you and your wife.

Sam  :)