Sign in to follow this  
SimonSays

Night fish swift creek res - richmond, va?

Thinking about night kayak fishing swift creek res this saturday night, anyone interested? and anyone have any hints or tips that could be useful =D?

Thanks!

Wear personal floatation vest.

Let someone know where you are putting in; when you will get out; and when you expect to get home.

Take cell phone with you in a waterproff container.

Put sign in car telling Chesterfield police what you are doing so they won't think the car is stolen or illegally parked.

Have a waterproof flashlight with fresh batteries.

Watch out for critters in the water and shore.

Just be careful and safe.

And don't forget the bug spray.  :)

Put sign in car telling Chesterfield police what you are doing so they won't think the car is stolen or illegally parked.

That's a good one Sam! Wouldn't have ever thought of that =D

might have saved me a towing fee, thanks!

Simon, please be careful and wear your PFD the whole time. You never know when some mishap can happen. Take it from someone who learned how important it is to wear the PFDs the hard way.  Keep your cell phone in a water tight container that will float if it goes overboard.

so, went night fishing...worked a buzzbait must of the time the water definitely looked very different at night then in the morning, worked some drop offs and holes that I had marked with the GPS previously without any luck.  A small one hit my Buzzbait but nothing to write about.  

One thing that freaked me out...I was trying to get back to the launch...the launch area is really shallow and there's only one deep trough that leads to the launch.  I was paddling in when I hit something with my paddle with a loud thud...at first I thought it was just a log...until it started to freak out, splashing water all over me and it made a beeline to shore.  It scared the crap out of me!

Interesting trip...lol

My God!

You hit the Creature from the Black Lagoon and lived to tell about it.

Fantastic!  ;D