Sign in to follow this  
alger319

Alabama River- Cooters Pond area

I have a regoinal tournament there at the end of October and was looking for some helpful pointers or tips thanks yall!

I have fished from Cooter's pond to wetumpka numerous times this year. This is what we have had success with:

Topwater- spooks have been working great

Worms- Mag II, Ol monsters, lizards, and senko style worms in watermelon (T-rig & shakey)

Cranks- 8-12' cranks in shad colors

thanks man! do you have any info on the water clarity and maybe where i possibly can get a freggin map of this place cause i've been looking everywhere. My Humminbird 787 c2i doesn't map it... >:(

I have not seen a map of the river. Maybe BPS will have one, which is <5 miles from cooter's pond. Good luck.

Water clarity  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The water will be stained unless you go upriver near the lake Jordan dam (>25 miles).

Fishers of Men. Its the South East regional tourny.

Try the Army Corps of Engineers

100 Resource Management Drive

Hayneville, AL 36040

334-872-9554

They have a visitor / tourist center on Highway 80 between Montgomery and Selma with all kinds of maps / literature on the river system.  Last time I was there they did not have any hydrographic maps but plenty of other stuff to let you know where the creeks, dams and backwaters are.   If they have any hydrographic (underwater topography ) maps please reply back.  I could use it.

Roll Tide,

Nate

Water color woll be very stained! find feeder creeks and fish the mouths, in october if the weather doesnt go crazy they should be not deeper than 10 feet and aggressive, chart cranks and suspending jerkbaits for your limit, spooks or sammys for schoolers, and have big bait on a Carolina rig for your big bite...i love Cooters pond!

thanks basshammer, has anyone got info on Jones Bluff Lake just south of cooters pond? Saw it on arial map and thought it looked good...