Sign in to follow this  
MattStrykul

Potomac 9.28.08

Fished the potomac today from 7-3 with my brother and Steve (pigsticker). Such a nice morning to be out on the water, overcast and hazy. We started off throwing topwater on grassbeds at teddy roosevelt island but no takers. We switched to weightless plastics and my brother nailed a small one to start. Steve then hooked up with a nice keeper and we realized he snagged it ;D After those two quick catches, we circled the grass mat and got nothin, so we moved down the bank to another grass mat. I pitched my senko up to a grass patch/laydown and pulled out a solid 3.9lber. These fish were caught shallow from 1-3.5 feet. Moved under one of the bridges at teddy roosevelt and ace wacked 2 more nice keepers, and I caught 2 on lipless cranks on the edge of a grassline. Then we moved up to war college wall and Steve caught a good smallmouth. Funny thing is, he caught it on a 5/0 swimbait hook with a texas rigged rage tail craw in black/blue (brian reeves style). We hit some docks and weren't getting bit so we moved up to blue plains. After our 20 minute run up there, I caught 2 on dropshots one being a 2.5lber, and one on a jig right in front of two tourney guys that moved up to fish it with us ;D. Those who know the area, we weren't fishing under the dock at the time, but fishing the deep ledge. Soon after, we moved onto the dock, and I caught another small one on a jig and see another bass boat moving in on the ledge. We move back out there and let them have it. It just so happened to be Rob Grike, who fishes the Fountainhead Tournaments with us ;D He saw us and said "You boys lost!??!?!" too funny.

Anyway, ended the day with 15, biggest being 3.9 and 5 fish for 11.5 lbs. Such a fun day, sorry for the long post.

Matt Strykul.

Ace-

potomac3.jpg

Steve-

potomac2.jpg

Me with my 3.9lb fish-

potomac.jpg

Steve and his smallmouth-

potomac5-1.jpg

Hmmm....They work for me and my friend Steve. I don't know what to tell ya :-?

They work for me, best to upgrade that modem connection its the 21st century

Man my hair is out of control, I am buzzing it off this week

That picture of the 4lber is great, looks bigger than four the photographer must be a pro or something ;D 8-)

Fun day Matt, great report ;)

They work now.... :-? Maybe FiOs doesn't like your poor resolution pix :P

Nice fish though!

Super report and the pics are great.  :)

Great stuff!  I caught one about the size of the one on the first pix.  I was shoreline fishing off gravelly point.  

How's the fishing in the potomac in the fall/winter? And, the DC area in general. I'm just getting back into it after a long time away.  

I live and work in Arlington.  Love being able to drive down and be fishing in 5-10 mins.  Thanks!