Sign in to follow this  
gatrboy53

orang lake sat.10/18/08

got to lake at 2:30 the front was just passing thru.overcast w/ not much wind w/in 30 min. the sky cleared and the wind picked up strong outta the north. i ran to n. end behind spoil islands and found them chompin.unfortunately they were most 10-12'' dinks.i tried and caught fish on everything i threw. mag.11 speed worms,zoom ole monsters,heddon baby torpedo,and a rattle trap.biggest was a little over 2 lbs.about 5:30 i ran down to cross creek and they were just as willing.i finised throwin a horny toad in the matted hydrilla .bass were bustin all over,but they were leary of the toad.i suspected most were small fish.i had numerous blow ups but only about 6 hook ups.again the biggest being around 2 lbs. i did have a 3+ come outta the water on a toad but didnt take it.i coulda tried something different but i was after the big boys that live in that grass.

wound up w/ 16 in 4 hrs. and coulda had way more if i wanted to play w/ the smaller fish.

Thanks for the north central florida update Mike...just getting back into the sport after raising family for 20 years...how did you find the boat access on the lake ?

if you mean launch. still the only safe launch is heaggy-burry on the s. end s. of macintosh in the community of orange lake.