Sign in to follow this  
vaparrothead

Anybody have info on Lake Gaston

Going to Lake Gaston next weekend for club tournment; anybody have any info on the lake would be appreciated.

There is good topwater in the morning. A friend has been fishing tournaments down there and has been doing extremely well catching a limit on topwater in the AM and then moving out to 20+ feet of water and fishing deep points and ledges. A lot of guys are talkin about catching them on docks and he said "GOOD! Stay on them docks and leave me out in 20 feet of water" ;) He's like 4 for 4 for the past month in tournaments on Gaston.

Matt

I do not have any info for you but you look like this guy I have seen fishing mercer a few months back did you lose a few good bass then the next week catch a big cat fish?

Where are you putting in?

We rented a house on Gaston a few weeks ago in the SE quad, right by the dam. We had pretty good luck with black Powerworms and 3/16 oz. weights in 15'-20' water.

I'm not a real big fan of Powerworms (hate the smell), but the stinkin' things worked.

Thanks for the hints.  Since I'm a backseater I'm not sure where we're putting in.  Staying in South Hill so much be close to there.  If I do any good will post report.

Sent PM.

Good luck.

Probably will be getting rain from Hurricane Fran this weekend.

Stay dry.  :)

used to have a lake house up there.  back in my cove i caught some good 5-9 pounders.  used a crankbait, and spinnerbait.  they love the spinnerbait.