Sign in to follow this  
Guest oakview

Headed to Gulfport area in Mississippi, where to bass fish

Guest oakview

I'm the in Air Force and will be down there from March to the end of April. I will be bringing my boat, so I was wondering where would be some lakes or oxbows with clearish water. I will be throwing mainly swimbaits and doing alot of video'n.

I open to any ideas, and looking for water that is somewhat clear to slightly stained and have fish 8lbs or bigger.

THanks for the help

Dave

I live about 50 miles north of G'port.There are a few fishing spots that you might want to investigate.Flynt Creek is about 20 miles north of G'port in a town called Wiggans.Just take Hwy 49 north.It's about 1000 acres.Paul B. Johnson State Park is 48 miles north  on 49.It's a 300 acre lake that grows some nice Florida bass.This time of year shad type crankbaits rule.Find the channel that runs the length of the lake.Suspending jerkbaits produce also.It's a clear lake,and swimbaits might be the ticket.Don't forget to try the Pascagoula River.You'll have to run up it a ways to escape the brackish water.There've been several FLW tournaments on it.Good luck!