Sign in to follow this  
natanestaban

Any central Alabama folks out there?

I have not seen any posts regarding central Alabama in a while.  I just got my boat in working order after working on it all summer and I am having a hard time finding fish on the lower end of Lake Jordan.  ( last lake in the Coosa Chain )  The last few times I have been out the shallow bite just has not materialized except for a few small ones and they have been largemouth not spots.  I saw some guys working jigging spoons on the river channel ledge next to a large flat but I never some them hook up.   Any reports for anything in the area would be helpful as I only can get out for a few hours a week usually 9am to 2pm due to work and kids so I could really use some short cuts to establishing a pattern.

Roll Tide,

Nate

Going to be an early bite, usually around 5-5:30-6:30. Focus on points and fish the Carolina-rig (finesse worms and lizards) and crankbaits. Good luck to you. Hope you catch some nice spots.  

Hey natanestaban,

I can't say that I've been to Jordan in awhile but it can say that teh fish are really turning on strong to fall patterns. I've been have some good luck fishing shallow flats in creeks. Normally about midways back but it depends on the size of the creek. I would say that a swimming jig would be a good start if you run into to grass. If its windy and possibly overcast then you could throw a spinnerbait. The best thing I can say is keeping moving until you find them. Try a number of different things that resemble a shad ( crankbait also good right now) and get after it. Good luck man. I hope that I could be of help to you.