Sign in to follow this  
Bass Dude

Chickamauga

I'm moving to the Chattanooga area next spring. Any advice on how to find 'em on where to start at Chickamauga?? :o

It depends on the time of the year. I do real well in the spring and early summer. Once the grass comes in the bite gets tuff. I do my best on the Hiawasse (I know I spelt that wrong). But watch where you go because it can get real shallow real fast and I know a few guys who have joined the 4wd bass boat club. The fall is ok also if you know where to go.

Good luck :)

Being from NY I have to ask, why are you moving to TN. And be warned while the area as a whole is excellent the food really sucks down here so bring your own. I have been here just under 3 yeas and I would kill for some good pizza, itialian or good chinese.

Thanks for the info Southernyankee.  My wife and I are moving in hopes of finding some work.  We are both losing are jobs, as are many, especially in Upstate NY.  Plus, we HATE the snow---and I can't stand having my boat in storage for 5 months out of the year!!!  No good bands play up here...need I go on!

I hear you about the food, we have family down there and we miss the pizza and wings up here.  But, my wife makes her own pizza dough and we learned the secret of a good wing sauce!!!

How are you liking the Southland?

I like it overall. Im about an hour from Chattanooga. I like the fact I can fish year round but the drawback is the fishing is not as good as NY. I think the reason is that the fishing during the spawn down here hurts a lot. I do not miss the snow and I lovethe fact that I do not have to winterize my boat. As far as jobs go I know that VW is opening a new plant in Chattanooga You might want to check it out. When you get down here we should do some fishing I own a tackle store in Athens TN.

good luck

I will definately look you up when we get down there.  Our tentative moving date is May or June.

Southernyankee are you in a club down there?  I fish the Weekend Series, but I thought I would join a club when I get there, just to get to know the fisheries.

Chickamauga has been on fire this year. If you can put 20+ pounds in the boat you will do well on Chickamauga. True Chickamauga is not Guntersville but the lake has done well this year. There were alot of big bass caught this year on the lake. My suggestion would to be to join a bass club here there are several take your pick (Cleveland Bassmasters, Harrison Bassmasters, Chattanooga Bassmasters, Ooltewah Bass Club) and these guys know the lake well. There has been alot of money won Chickamauga this year. :)

Thanks RNGRPOPO---that's some good news :D!!!!  Thanks for the club info too.  I can't wait to get down there.

Yes i am in a club www.monroebass.com and we fish chick a lot but we fish the upper end which is quite a ways from chatt where you will be. You would be better off looking in to the clubs rngrpopo recomended.