Sign in to follow this  
Btech

North Carolina - Troubles!

Hey all - Im in Matthews (Charlotte Area) Fishing at local parks and ponds somtimes Lake Wiley and the Catawba River, but im not having any luck at all.

Its been since November 4th I caught my last bass and ive tryed everything - Got the SLOW DOWN part ... I cast wait 30 seconds reel 1X count to 40 reel 2x wait 30 half a reel ... and so on with differant combos. Mostly Texas riged Zoom Cottoncandy (Worked this time last year)

can anyone give me a good combo that will work - some of the guys out here say the bass have lockjaw and wont bite right now because of the colder weather however I dont believe them.

Someone from NC PLEASE help me out (Or anyone who knows what im doing wrong) is there a specific bait that will work this time of year out here and if so where can i get one - I just need to pull somthing in other than weeds.

I was out Saturday on Wylie playing with some new Sebile swimbait mods I wanted to try just watching retrieve and observing swim tweaking etc.

I was burning the things...I mean fast as I could and caught 7....no monsters all in the 1-2.5lb range

The first was a shock after that it was well lets see how long this works

bad thing is I am now hooked on my mods, I know I wont give up on them even if they never catch another fish.

The problem with Wylie is there are so many great places to go. Just from the launch we go to, i can never decide which way to run on that lake.

That being said i have had many days on Wylie where i have fished the "perfect" spot and not picked up anything except tons of fish on my fish finder.

If you just want to catch any fish, get some 1/8 oz Panther Martin Inline Spinners. Orange skirt with a gold blade. If you want to catch fewer but bigger bass, try a small black and blue jig or a flatsided crankbait. This warm weather has turned the bite on pretty well.