Sign in to follow this  
FiveHawgs4me

Lake Fairview Orlando, FL

A buddy of mine recently moved into a house on Lake Fairview in Orlando.  Going there in a couple of weeks.  Has anyone ever fished this lake?  If so, how's the fishing?  I heard that it's mainly a recreational lake, but hoping to pull a few out for proximity's sake.  If this lake is no good, where else in Orlando is hot right now besides the big chains, Toho, etc.

Thanks for any reports you can give.

There are bass in there.  From what I remember it is considered more a recreation lake just because so many boaters cruise around and it is not as peaceful as some other less popular lakes.

Thanks a lot, man.  I saw something on the FWC website that said to try the grass saddle between the main lake on the eastern shore.  I guess we'll give it a shot.

I have heard good things about if from a friend who's grandpa lives there. Let me know how it is. Do they have a public ramp or and bank fishing areas?

They do have a public ramp from what I understand, but I think most of the bank area is private...not sure.  By the way, I am recently new to the Jacksonville area.  If there is anyone who wants to get up and throw a line, let me know.