Sign in to follow this  
NitroMan

Northern Virginia Law Enforcement Bass Club

Hey guys, We are bringing back a club founded originally in 1983, called Metro Area Police Bass Club. The purpose of the club will be to promote the sport of bass fishing in the law enforcement community. The club is open to all who are interested, both boat owners and non-boat owners, young and old. If you are not a law enforcement officer or retired leo, you must be sponsored in by two members. The club by-laws state membership is restricted to 50 people with at least 50 percent being law enforcement.

Our plan at this point is to have a series of tournaments this year and an end of year banquet crowning angler of the year. The main purpose of these tournaments will be to have fun. There is some cash involved, but very minimal to keep it open for all. I am working on the schedule for tournaments, but expect the first one to be at Lake Anna in March. Future goals include fund raising tournaments for local community projects, mentoring kids in the community, and a hooked on fishing not drugs program. The first meeting was tonight and I apologize for not getting this out sooner. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but is very organized even at this point. Our next meeting is Thursday February 19th at 1630 hours. The location is Family Pizzeria on Route 1 in Stafford.  If anyone is interested please PM me.

I posted this in the Southeast section because it really only applys for those who live in NoVa. 8-)

Nitro, great idea.

Are you going to affiliate with either B.A.S.S. or TBF?

There are dues to be paid if you affiliate but you all can fish their region tournaments and your members would have the opportunity to advance to the state and national tournaments.

We have two state troopers in our club and they are super guys.

It would be wonderful to have more law enforcement officers fishing and at the ramps just in case situations get out of hand.

Good luck with your efforts.  :)

I fished some open tournaments put on by that group many years ago. In one event at Lake Anna, I was boat # 351 and there were some behind me at take-off.

Sam I'm not to sure what all we are going to do yet, like I said we are starting to rebuild this club back to what it used to be. I would love to see this club back at those numbers!!! We have a meeting this up coming week to decide on tournament dates and all that good stuff and hopefully we can set-up a website. I will keep you posted on this.

Like I said we are meeting to set up dates and places but I mainly like to fish the Potomac. If anyone has any good ideas of other places to go let me know. I really don't fish much of Lake Anna but some of the other guys like that area.

Nitro, great idea.

It would be wonderful to have more law enforcement officers fishing and at the ramps just in case situations get out of hand.

:)

We usually try to stay out of all the attitudes, unless something needs us to get involved, usually it does not get that bad. ;)

Nitro,

Check with Hope Springs Marina and tell them that your club is launching from their ramp to find out if they will give you a $5 discount down to $10 per boat.

Last I launched out of Hope Springs they had only one ramp open.

And don't forget to check the TBF and B.A.S.S. regional tournaments launching out of Hope Springs to avoid ramp launching delays.  :)

Joe, good job getting the club going again.  I know you will do a great job pumping some life back into it.

Just for the record I wasn't the one who started this club back up I was just asked to be a part of it. I hope this club get some of BR members.

Nitro,

Check with Hope Springs Marina and tell them that your club is launching from their ramp to find out if they will give you a $5 discount down to $10 per boat.

Last I launched out of Hope Springs they had only one ramp open.

And don't forget to check the TBF and B.A.S.S. regional tournaments launching out of Hope Springs to avoid ramp launching delays. :)

I didn't know about the dicount, but I have already thought of the ramp delay so we are going to work around every other club fishing. ;)

This group will be in figure for years to come in VA. Let myself or Joe know if you are interested. We will have our website up soon with the dates. We are still looking for anglers and co-anglers.

This group will be in figure for years to come in VA. Let myself or Joe know if you are interested. We will have our website up soon with the dates. We are still looking for anglers and co-anglers.

X2 on that C.W. Glad to have you on board here!! 8-)