Sign in to follow this  
Marc David

South MS Bassin'

Anyone catching bass in the rivers down here? Its been so long I don't remember what a bass looks like  :(. Thanks for any responses.

I wish I could help. You may want to look back a few pages or type Mississippi into search because there are a few other guys on this forum from S. Miss that you could contact.  

What's wrong with reds and trout?  ;)

Have you fished Big creek lake in W. Mobile or Dream strike lake near Lucedale?

Surveyor, im down in biloxi.

Fishin, no problem with reds and trout, just want to lip a few bass. I have been wanting to book a trip to dreamstrike in the spring.

Well it's been 11 years since I fished South Mississippi.  I grew up in Hattiesburg.  Tons of small lakes to fish but others that I have fished are: Geiger Lake in Paul B. Johnson S.P. up Hwy. 49, Ashe Lake near Ashe Nursery in Brooklyn MS also up Hwy. 49, Flint Creek Reservoir in Wiggins MS, Lake Columbia and Lake Bill Waller were good lakes at the time too.

Jerrod

I fish every weekend.  And I mean every...Deciding whether or not to go this afternoon (its 26 degrees) or tomorrow (60 degree high)...

In the last 3 months I have fished Geiger (Paul B), Lake Columbia, Bill Waller, Little Black Creek, Ashe Lake, Dreamcatchers (public lakes)

I fish probably 50/50 private to public lakes....my greatest success is at the private lakes I frequent.

Of the above lakes I prefer Dreamcatchers but its not free...then in order

Lake Columbia, Little Black Creek, Geiger, Bill Waller, Ashe Lake (bank only)...

Bill waller has several thousand standing timbers (20-30 feet deep with trunkcs sticking out of water) and I have only fished it once looks very very promising.  I like finesse fishing so when it warms up I am sure I will be there testing the waters. The biggest caught there last year was 13lbs.

Littleblack creek is fairly shallow 15-20 but holds alot of bass (I caught a pike their last time too)

Jayman, thanks for the info.

Have you tried dreamstrike lake? It's not free, but I hear it has some great bass fishing.

I plan on making a trip to Dreamstrike this March or April. A buddy of mine said they caught a load of 4-6 fish. The $50 price tag isn't too bad to have a day of catching chuncks. Lake Okhissa in Bude is a hot spot right now though for us. Those fish are fat and abundant. It can be difficult to get out of the slot, but you can't beat the F-1 fight. I live by Waller and Columbia, but I just have never had much luck out there. I reckon I need to polish up on my finesse skills because it doesn't matter if it rains 2', it's going to be as clear as a crystal.  Some of our other hot spots are Mary Crawford, Jeff Davis, and Lake Lincoln.

We gonna try the Dream in the next couple months, but if a fisherman has not been to Ohkissa, you missin' out.

'Waller should be coming in this year for some good pot-bellies when the temp gets up.

I think there are going to be some surprises out of Calling Panther soon; BIG fish there NOW!!

Oh, by the way, Ohkissa has MONSTER bream...if anybodies interested....

Yeah, I'm going to Dreamstrike over spring break. I have heard nothing bad about it, can't wait to go. I will have to give okhissa a try after reading up on the fishing there. I have a spro bbz-1 shad that I want to use when the water starts warming up to try to get a lunker.

I think we should have a dreamstrike lake get together for the South Al and Miss members when it gets warm.

Would some of you guys be interested?