Sign in to follow this  
TheBeast

Burley and The Beast's iced over ponds report

First warm day here in a while and I am stuck at work. :-/

Don't matter the waters still froze anyway.

Had a cousin take his boy up to BCL trout fishing last week.  Said people were busting holes in the ice with rocks to fish out of.  The made out with 9.  I figured you took Burley to try out that new Quantum.

What new Quantum?  I got a Quantum but it is an older one, ordered a new Daiwa Zillion the other day that hasn't come in yet.  

I have done some ice bustin on BCL before.  Tony and I went up there one night around 1:00 during a long cold snap.  Was walking around out about 30' from the dock throwin rocks tryin to bust the ice.  Threw one big log about 18" long and 8" diameter that just lodged itself in the ice.  I have never seen a place frozen that thick and solid around here.

I did, but that thing probably won't see the water until our first tourney at Cherokee.

If I can get up early tomorrow, I'll probably ride up to the cheerleader ponds to see if they're iced over.

I forgot about that thing.  No matter I expect it will be wearing that Zillion before long.   ;)

I would say they are still iced, riding over today Carr Creek was still right covered.

[movedhere] Everything Else [move by] five.bass.limit.

Went by the cheerleader ponds and the lake yesterday morning.

Upper pond is fishable, lower pond is covered in ice.  Lower lower pond near the road was completely clear.  Too bad there aren't any fish in there.

020809ponds1.jpg

020809ponds2.jpg

Wise Reservoir was completely iced over.  I got about a foot out onto the ice at the ramp before it started to break.  Only about an inch thick.  This week's warm weather should have it nice and clear by the weekend.

020809wise1.jpg

020809wise2.jpg

020809wise3.jpg

020809wise4.jpg

i used to go to school up their in wise. went fishing a few times and never got anything amazing... is that those ponds by the football field