Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye1955

Where would you stay on Lake Norman to fish with dock access?

Any suggestions on where to stay and fish on Lake Norman? I'd like to find a place on the water. Maybe a condo as I don't see any hotels with dock access or cabins at the state park. It's a pain to load and unload the boat and go to a hotel every day.

Thanks!

Yep, above Charlotte. There are al ot of hotels at Mooresville, but I don't see anything with dockage. Several condos listed on VBRO. May have to go that way. How's the bass fishing on Lake Norman in April? The one owner I talked to said there is a large tournament about the time I was looking at.

Yeah access to the water in NC sucks! Unless you got a boat in many cases you are out of luck. I tried to fish Wylie from shore for a year before I gave up and got a Jon boat. One thing to try, Duke Enery has a set of adobe pdfs on their website that gives all the public fishing access points alone the catawba river lake chain. Here is the link for Norman: http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/facts-and-maps/lake-norman.asp

Good luck.

Thanks! The reason I was looking for something on the lake was I hoped to find somewhere with a slip. Found a sweet condo on VRBO with a slip included. And while I'm there there are several pros going to be staying near-by prefishing the upcoming tournament. Should be a great opportunity to politely pick up some tips! I've never fished Norman before, but from what I've read and the fishing Hot Spots map, it appears that most people target the docks. Hope I don't throw too many up on top of the dock with the big boys watching....... Had a lady down on the St. Johns river some out of a house madder then heck because I'd hooked up with her dock. Figure they are used to it at Norman!

Hey Buckeye,

The Lake Norman Hotel is the only motel that claims to have lake access and free overnight dock/slip space r it's guests.

"northcarolinatouristguide.com/Advert_Displays/Advert_87.asp" (I can't post active links yet so add the w's in the front of this link when you go to use this URL)

Good Luck!