Sign in to follow this  
stratos268v

Blackwater River in Florida

Anybody fish the Blackwater River in Florida?  If so, can you give me any tips and tactics to fish this tidal water brackish river?  

NJD :-?

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

Yeah, go to Escambia.

Blackwater is tough. The amount of pressure it gets from fishermen, canoes, tubers, jet skis, skiers, and anything relating to water is absurd. But, there are fish, and there are some giants. About the only thing I can tell you, is throw anything and everything you can think of until you figure something out. Spring is generally the best time of the year, though.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.  I wouldn't mind going to Escambia, but its further from where I live.  How's Bass fishing in the Escambia River?  I've heard different things and places to fish in Escambia, but where do you fish for them?

NJD

I have always launched from the Swamp House, and just ran up river until I found something that looked good. Fun thing about fishing down there, you never know what's going to hit. Every now and then a big red will slam a topwater... makes you think you have a world record on ;D