Sign in to follow this  
osbornj2

Claytor Lake this weekend...

Hey all you SW VA guys...got a question...

Stu and I are thinking about hitting Claytor Lake in Sat. evening to test out his new boat.  Traditionally, this is about the time of year I have gone for stripers at night...but it's usually later into March and into April and May.

Is there anything going on at Claytor this time of year at night? Usually, we put in at the State Park and fish from there down to the dam.  I've heard that some guys were getting on them during the daytime hours up at Peaks Creek...but that was several weeks ago.

We're hoping that the slight change in weather and warmer evening temps might help our cause! Any thoughts or advice??

Thanks guys...

Any recent water temp reports from Claytor?

Cant give you much info on Claytor this time of year. Water temps will tell you a lot though.  

Any recent water temp reports from Claytor?

Cant give you much info on Claytor this time of year. Water temps will tell you a lot though.

Good advice, Scott!  Is there a source for getting local water temps and conditions? I've never seen it on any websites.  Tks again!  ;)

I might be able to land those for you occasionally.  I have been thinking of going to Claytor fishing for the first time soon.  I have a friend who is a park ranger there.  He might be able to gather some of that info for us if you all want me to check periodicly.