Sign in to follow this  
Redhed

NC Va boys

hey when do you guys really focus on getting out and fishing. i know some dont bc its still cold around these parts this time of year. what kind of weather do you guys really focus on? constant days of 50+ to get the water temps up? also when have you noticed that the pre-spawn bass bite really drops off?  mid may?  late may early june? or sooner? thanks guys!

Right now is the beginning of prime time. I caught my biggest fish ever March 14th of last year. With highs close to 80 this weekend, you need to be on the water!!

Right now is the beginning of prime time. I caught my biggest fish ever March 14th of last year. With highs close to 80 this weekend, you need to be on the water!!

i dont think the ambient temp outside is gonna add up to much until early next week to mid next week. we had over 6 inches of snow that just got melted today that drained in my lake. plus a few creeks with snow run off is pouring in it as we speak. i think the water temps dropped like a mo fo... however, i may bank fish to try it out. it will be nice this weekend and i cant think of anything better than to fish  ;)

btw what lake did you catch that bad boy in? thats a hoss! congrats oh and what did you catch him on?

I don't know what bodies of water you fish, but the spawn around here is usually finished by mid April. In May and June the fish have already spawned and are just starting to move out into deeper water. With the weather we are supposed to have this weekend and next week, it should really get the bass biting.

Lake Gaston is on the radar screen now.

As the waters warm other lakes will start the spawning process.

When the Dogwoods bloom, the fish are on their beds.

Check out when the Dogwoods bloom in your area and you will have the dates for prespawn, spawn and post spawn.

Club tournaments start in March on Gaston and Kerr so the season is upon us.  :)

i dont think the ambient temp outside is gonna add up to much until early next week to mid next week. we had over 6 inches of snow that just got melted today that drained in my lake. plus a few creeks with snow run off is pouring in it as we speak. i think the water temps dropped like a mo fo... however, i may bank fish to try it out. it will be nice this weekend and i cant think of anything better than to fish ;)

btw what lake did you catch that bad boy in? thats a hoss! congrats oh and what did you catch him on?

Check your weather, because next week its supposed to rain Monday-Sunday with a chance of snow on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday should be beautiful days to fish.

I fish mainly farm ponds and the Yadkin River. My biggest fish have came from a Chatterbait, Senkos, and Cavitron buzzbaits.

i fished the family pond this past nice weekend and notta. saw a few small bass approach me but they backed off... maybe the water needs a bit more warming up.

falls lake this weekend took 5 fish just shy of 27 pounds to win lots of fish over 6 were caught.it is on as we speek :D

Falls is a very shallow lake, it always gets crankin' before the other lakes do.. seems like the other lakes fall about 1-3weeks later than Falls.. what did you use and how? slow? thanks!

a lot of guys were slow rolling spinner baits in 4-8 feet of water but there is a strong bush bite going on.the timber in ledge rock always produces this time of year and the willows past them.