Sign in to follow this  
Swimb8

Lake Walk in the Water?

I head south to Florida every winter to do some bass fishing and have tried Toho,Kissimmee,Rodman, and looking for somewhere new. Lake Seminole or Walk in the Water peeked some interest as I have never been at these lakes, but hear there's good fishing in there. Anyone with reviews on either lake?    

Have you ever been to the Stick Marsh/ Farm Pond?  If not I think you should seriously consider it.  Hire George Welcome to show you the ropes if you are bringing your own boat down since they call it Stick Marsh for a reason.  He may also refer to you some guides he recommends for the lakes you referred to.  

Lake Walk in the Water is awesome, I haven't been in a few years, but my buddy just went last month and did great, caught his personal best of 9lb 8ozs. and said most fish were 2-4lbs.   I think he went with Captain Reno, if I recall correctly.

Planning on going to WalkinWater in a couple of weeks.  Sure would like any info you can give re: where to catch some nice ones.  Did you find any thick hydrilla anywhere?  Is one end/side better than the other or did you just fish in the middle?

Thanks for any advice.

Its a bowl, waters been dropping probably bringing the fish out towards the edges, its a smaller lake easy to put something together at times, and then like all Florida Lakes it can send you home crying. Ill be at Istapoka next weekend( 03-20-21-2009) right up the road a bit.

Lake Istokpoga is my favorite lake in my area. Walk in water produces some monster bass if you know when and where. I would probably choose Stick Marsh over walk in water though. A guide would be a sure bet to a good day. GOOD LUCK!!!!