Sign in to follow this  
JCrzy4Bass

Anyone free tommorrow in NOVA?

Hey guys.  Haven't been on here in a while.  Felt it was best if I took a break after my son was born in Septmeber so I could make some time for my family.  I got a bit more free time on my hands now days that I work or on weekends.

My son is in day care tommorrow and I get off work early due to it being a professional development day at NOVA (my work place).  I will be hitting a lake nearby in Fairfax after work.  Probably fishing from 1pm til' 4:30pm.  If you wanna hit the lake with me let me know.

I will be shore fishing as I can't haul my dad's canoe with my Dodge Caliber so it will be a bit of walking.  Pm me for info as far as meeting place if you're interested.

My name is Jason if any of the new guys haven't talked with me yet.  

Hope everyone is doing well and catching fish now that the weather is warming up.  I know it sucks with all these cold fronts and teaser 70 degree plus days in between.  No consistency.  I managed to catch one at a local pond in early February and got skunked my only other time out yesterday.

If I don't hear from anyone, good luck in the upcoming months and tight lines.  I don't know how often I'll get a chance to hook up with folks this year so just taking the chances I have and using them to my fullest.  Later fellas.

Spent three hours at Woodglenn.  Fished the dam pretty thoroughly and the little point on the left side of the dam that's kinda up on a little hill.  Managed to catch one the whole time on a Sexy Shad (Chartreuse/white) as I was pulling up to shore.  Looks like I got him to follow it as I was pulling up the last bit of water from the bank (ledge there).  Went 2lbs 4oz.  I can put a pic up when I get home but my camera is in my car so it will have to wait.

I fished a jig w/ rage craw for about an hour.  Lipless for about an hour and then I fished a 10" finesse worm and strike king bleeding bait spinner.

Bite was tough.  Got a short strike on the spinner but couldn't call up any more fish.  I normally manage one to two here each trip so I wasn't expecting a big day with us being between fronts and such.  Probably gonna fish again on Monday cause I'm off all day.  Probably gonna be harder with the rain this weekend and drop in temps.  Only good thing is three days of consistent weather, not the type we want but hey... when I get to fish, I fish.  Doesn't happen as often these days.

Matthew is doing great.  Six months on Tuesday.  He's sitting up by himself now, eating stage one solid foods (though you can tell he doesn't like some flavors lol), and feeds himself and stuff.  He plays with his toys and keeps himself occuppied for a good amount of time.  He's teething, though he hasn't cut a tooth yet, it's right around the corner as he's been in this stage for about a month or so.  He laughs at just about anything and has a great personality.  He has been attempting to stand up for so long I got a feeling he may never even crawl but go straight to walking.  Not uncommon these days from what I hear.  

He's 80th percentile in weight and 80th in height as of right now and weighs 20.5lbs.  I do have pictures of him with me, and while it's not fishing related I guess I could throw one up so folks could see.  Thanks for asking Andrew.

post-9676-130162942029_thumb.jpg

Nice report, miss those around here. :)

I was there last weekend and had pretty much the same luck. Short strike on a spinnerbait and 1 white perch foul hooked off a lipless crank. The bite is tough but atleast you're already catching nice fish! I'm still looking for #1 of 2009.

Matthew looks great! Where's the fishing rod though? :P

I will try and get a write up on here when I can man, I know that we all appreciate being able to know what's going on on our local fisheries.

My day off changed for next week and I'll be taking off Wednesday instead.  Better day weather wise (I get to chose what day I want off every third week because I have to work Saturday).  Looks like it's gonna hit almost 70 with no chance of rain.  Only other factor will be lots of sun and that long cold front preceding it.  But I hope to hook into a couple.  Haven't decided on a definate location yet but I have a few in mind.

If anyone is interested on Wednesday the 19th give me a shout and maybe we can hook up.  

Take care Andrew.  Good luck next time out.  Nice catching up.

X2.           :-X

X2.       :-X

x3. Nice to see you post up.

Cute little guy there Jason, it lots of fun eh? Hopefully we can meet up at some point this season. :)

Hey Kev, good to hear from you man.  Hope your lil' one is doin well too.  Sorry we haven't got a chance to talk about either one of the kids during the off season, I know we were both busy enjoying what they brought into our lives though.

We should have the bass boat up and running some time early April weather dependent and stuff.  Once we do I'll try and see how your schedule looks and maybe we can get you out on the Occoquan or Potomac with us one day.  We still need to get that wade in too.

Nice hearing from you guys.  I will be around.  Like I said if anyone is free on Wednesday I could use a partner.  Let me know.  Have a good weekend everyone.

Jason, when are you planning on going Wednesday? Mudkart and I might head out in the afternoon.

Andrew,

Right now I'm waiting to see if my dad's gonna be able to go out with me on Wednesday.  If so we will more than likely end up going pond hopping out in chantilly or reston.  We located a lot of small ponds on google maps last year and have some good spots up that way, the bite early on is pretty good up there.  I'll fill you in if we chose that.

If he doesn't go with me I will probably end up heading down to Quantico with my base fishing permit and hit Buffalo Pond.  If I haven't caught anything within a few hours I will probably head back up to town and fish Huntsman or Mercer.  I'll let you know if this is the route I plan on going.

If you don't have base permits you have to head down south to the Quantico Entrance in the stafford area where Lunga Reservoir is located and get it there at the office they have.  It's of use anywhere on the base where public fishing is permitted.  Let me know if you're interested in any of the above.  I should have decisions finalized by tommorrow or Tuesday.

sounds good, my quantico permit has only been used once! Need to make better use of the money I spent on it.

VaBasser, thanks for all the info.  Definately comes in handy.  I'll write you back here in a few minutes, just got to work and getting stuff up.

Andrew, looks like I'm probably gonna can the Buffalo idea just because it gets really muddy around the shore with lots of rain and this weekend kinda soaked us pretty good, plus it's suppossed to rain most of the day today.

It's looking more and more like I'll probably try to find a place that has a path of some kind and or harder ground than most lakes/ponds so I don't end up having to trek through mud all day.

I'm gonna do some brain storming today and try and come up with something.