Sign in to follow this  
SoFlaBassAddict

In The Glades

You ever have one of those days fishing where it seems like nothing is working?  Well I certainly had one earlier today fishing out of Holiday Park in the Everglades.  It seemed like nothing I was trying was working..  Cut to the end of the story after catching a couple of dinks...I decide to make one last cast on a small line of lilly pads about a mile away from the docks.  Next thing I know I'm in a battle with a massive fish.  A short time later I end up pulling in my first double digit bass ever.  Whoot.  10.73 pounds of Largemouth fun.  After celebrating for a moment I reach over to grab my camera only to realize that it had been left on all day and was sitting there with a dead battery.  I knew I should have charged them up the night before.  Oh well.  I guess I can't complain, a new PB for me a few weeks after getting back into bass fishing.  Now I just need to go lay into a Peacock thats in the double digit range.   ;D

I've heard that there was a few fires in the area, none where I was though.  I really didn't go all that far from the docks though.  There was also a lot of commotion going on about the bald eagle nest thats in the general area.  Lots of people stopping by talking about it.  The ramps and docks were a lot more crowded for a weekday than normal.  Mind you, it is spring break right now...

Yes, they are on FIRE! but not in the since of flames burning...the low water has turned the entire Everglades into really good fishing.

A lot of small fish, but there are ways of catching the bigger ones at times. Mostly just going through the numbers!

Good Fishing

Topwater frogs.  Topwater frogs.  I've been killing bass on a few lakes out in my area lately.  Nothing huge, but they frogs have been destroyed at the surface.  Zoom horny toads.

Congrats on joining the 10lb club    i hope to join one day :P

Yes, they are on FIRE! but not in the since of flames burning...the low water has turned the entire Everglades into really good fishing.

A lot of small fish, but there are ways of catching the bigger ones at times. Mostly just going through the numbers!

Good Fishing

haha.....yeah that is what i meant by "..on fire"

haha.....yeah that is what i meant by "..on fire"

I blame this fully on being in the sun for the entire week....

Wow. Good work.

I thought HP, Sawgrass etc were on fire down there. Guess not.

it is really good and has been for a couple of weeks. the best part is it is only going to get better. i fished last tuesday and caught over 20 fish with a solid 7 pounder. my club had a little tourny at holiday yesterday with big fish takes all, and a 7.16 took the cash. my partner and i caught over 30 fish with 3.6 being the biggest. caught many fish that were 2 and 3 pounds, but never got the big bite. the big ones are there, you just have to find them.