Sign in to follow this  
J-B

What are they hitting and where on Lake Lanier?

I am looking at possibly going out on Lake Lanier early Monday morning, if weather allows. What baits are the fish biting? What areas and what should I look for? I have never fished from a boat on this lake and I am looking forward to it. Any tips and tricks would be helpful.

Thanks,

JB

I just read Ryan Coleman's www.lanierspots.com report and he said topwater walking baits and spinnerbaits on windy points. Shakey heads later in the day. If you are going Monday I would be worried more about the boat traffic than the weather. LOL

If you are going Monday I would be worried more about the boat traffic than the weather. LOL

You took the words right out of my mouth!! My tip would be to find a smaller body of water and avoid Lanier like the plaque. On a holiday weekend on that lake you can practically walk across the lake. You will see everything from six foot inflatables to 50 foot yachts. And bunches and bunches in between. Not to mention the 8 thousand jet skis.

Thank you guys.  That is why we were thinking very early in the morning.  The owner of the boat lives on the lake and said most holiday people wont be out there until about 10:30am if like the past years.  But we will look at some other locations also.