Sign in to follow this  
Crankhead

Strike King Rage Shad

I was out trying the new Strike King rage shad-throwing it as a topwater bait as I've seen on tv and on the Strike King site. But I'd like to get some different ideas about how to fish the shad. I'd like to hear from those that have fished it texas style with a weight as far as the type of retrieve. I mean do you fish it like a senko or fat ika? Just like to find ways of using it other than a topwater.

It makes a terrific swimbait as well. Use as heavy of a keel weighted hook as you want and chunk it, let it sink a little, start reeling, then hold on. This little, short bait has unbelievable action and can be retrieved at a variety of speeds for different action.  Many are using it as a search bait with quick retrieves (like spinnerbait) then slowing it down (like swim bait) when in the fish. Even with the keel weight hook, you can still run it on top like a buzzbait. Been using it like this since it came out last year.

If you use it as a swim bait with a swim jig, how would you hook it? The same as a jig & pig?

Haven't used it like that but I don't use swim jigs much so I would ask you to try it out and let us know what you think. The rage tail pulls and moves so much water it's hard to tell what it would do.