Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Catching Concepts Custom Cedar Crankbaits

I just bought what might be the prettiest wooden cranks I've ever held - by Catching Concepts.  You have to check this guy's baits out, he has an Ebay Store and has a bunch of sizes and colors.  Each bait is signed.  They remind me of the Lohr's crankbaits, only they are painted so much better.  The hooks are the VMC Outbarb 'Barbarian' hooks, sharp as anything I've felt, they look a lot like the Megabass hooks... Anyway, the baits are awesome.  I can't wait to get one wet.

Here's his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Catching-Concepts

Here are the baits I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310020580481&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310025496094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

I have several of Herman's cranks - he does a very good job.   The PC1 is a really good shallow cover crank, and if you're looking for a big profile, wide wobble flatsided bait, the FPC2 is great!    

I've had a couple of finish splitting problems, but nothing that effects the action of the baits.......it seems to be a common problem with cedar cranks.    

Thanks for the link man!

I just bought a kc2 kill'r medium and a Super Bee RT shallow crank from him. Can't wait to try em.

If they split, do you just use the Devcon Epoxy to reseal them, or just let it be?

If they split, do you just use the Devcon Epoxy to reseal them, or just let it be?

The undercoating doesn't split, so I don't reseal them......it just appears to be the clearcoat and top layers of paint.  

Hey those cranks are pretty sweet. I'm liking the deep running green one a lot more than the shallow yellow one. $10.99 is a little high, but at least the hardware on 'em is premium. Those VMC's are the best trebles you can buy.

$10.99 is a little high, but at least the hardware on 'em is premium.

That's probably the cheapest handmade crank on the market.....if you consider that these cranks are assembled and painted by hand, he's probably making less than your average McDonald's employee selling them at that price.