Sign in to follow this  
phisher_d

Re: KVD double zulu rig

Do a search on the forums for the double fluke rig.  I haven't seen the "KVD double zulu rig," but I would guess it's the same thing ;)

I think I wrote some of those forum posts ;D I had a guy in the early 80's that came up with that rig and was winning tournaments with it. I think at the time he rigged it with two slug-go's. It is amazing to watch that rig in action both baits run in different directions then at the pause one follows the other. The real key to the rig is to have one bait hang about 4 inches behind the other. He rigged it with two barrel swivels one was just threaded through the eye and slid up the line free the other swivel was tied on both ends. When you jerk it sometimes one will shoot far up the line. It is a great rig when your after schoolers. I am not sure that a zulu would be a good bait for this rig only because it floats way more and you wouldn't have the same effect unless he is rigging it with a three way swivel even then the other rig has a better presentation.

I have also heard of guys buying those pre-rigged worms that you find in the bargain bin or at Wally World -- throw away the worm and hook a fluke or similar bait on each of the hooks.  Been thinking about trying this in the Spring.

I watched Tom Mann Jr. fish the double fluke rig, only he rigged each bait on a ball jighead and fished them more quickly and deeper.  He was killing the spots on it at Lanier.

Good type of rig.

Brad