Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Big-O

I notice you represent RageTail but not other S/K products, is R/T like a subdivision or something?  How does that work?

Also, would you care to give me a quick education on your products please?

Thanks!

Yeah LBH. Been designing for SK for year and a half although for years I kept my designs to myself and only allowed friends or clients to use them while fishing with me. I am a design engineer by trade. Several of my close friends are pro anglers and Randy Dearman w/SK is one of my closest long time friends. We have fished together in the Amazon several times as well as most every where else and he talked me into striking it up with Strike King. Met with the SK group and the rest is Future. After our visit, I completed the necessary tweaks in each of the first four designs and arranged for the patents. The SK boy's are like family to me now and I couldn't be happier with our relationship. What a great team of folks. They are just like you and me, easy going and down to earth. And they really are trying to make great baits for great fishermen. I applaud them for it.

On my website product page, there are several video clips using the baits and seeing their action pretty much says it all. There are also tips on hooking instructions, size of hooks etc. Ck it out and leave a note on the message board with any comments you have on your usage or questions on the baits. I am trying to make it as informative about each design as possible and your info is the key. Will also debut the new designs soon to give everyone a preview of whats coming up.

My wife Connie and I being blessed beyond measure were able to retire very early in life. Children, Fishing and hunting are my real passions in life and since retiring, I have primarily devoted all of my time to those interest. I designed a childrens literacy program called Poetry Pals, www.poetrypals.com And it is for children ages 2 thru 6. It is a totally interactive reading system that is now being used in homes, daycares and Pre K schools across the nation. I have written 17 childrens books and 14 of them are part of this literacy system. I now travel the country doing seminars on the Importance of Parent/child Interaction for the early childhood programs. I also design trophy whitetail habitat for ranches here in Texas, taking care of not only the actual habitat design but also suppying the annual harvest records, animal surveys and communications with the county and regional biologists. Recently patented a product in the hunting industry but can't discuss the details for confidentiality reasons.

Am I busy or what?but I enjoy every minute of my life and I encourage you and others to do the same. We are all little kids in big kids clothes and life is what you make it. My life is FUN because with everything I do, I choose to have fun. Happiness is a choice!

Now you know everything that I do, only more because you know all about your life and a happy life I know it is.

Thanks to you and the rest of the Bass Resource Family for welcoming me into your awesome group. You guys are great!

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Thanks for the detailed explanation!!

Couple questions.

Is it the 3x plastic in any of the Rage baits?

Do you know Chris Brown?  (He really hooked up the kids at our ground breaking CAST for Kids event here in Providence, I like to put that out there whenever the opportunity arises :) seemed like a great guy)

Sure LBH, Chris Is a terrific guy and in fact he was at the lake today assisting with filming the show. He came all the way from Tennessee to Texas just to help out. Now thats a good guy.

As for 3x which has changed to the better material Elaz Tech, We don't use it on Rage Tail due to less action results. Good for some applications and not so good for others.

Shaw and I had a blast today and he said to tell everyone at Bass Resource "Howdy". Don"t know when show will air but will let you know when it is up coming. Great fishing with a great guy and an even greater friend.

Big O

www.ragetail.com