Sign in to follow this  
Castamasta

Senkos

what have you guys been most successful  with the *** tricksticks? i know they are like senkos but the action is a little bit different(better?) so if any of you guys who have been having success with the 5'' *** can you give me some tips on rigging and retrieve    thanks

I T-Rig mine weightless. I drag it slowly on the bottom, or pop it and wait 10 seconds until I'm back all the way in. I am not going to comment on whether they are better than Senko's because that is a touchy subject on here. However, they work just as well for me!

caught a coupla today on a t-rig weightless 4" trickstick just worked it in with a series of rests bit on the pickup. my bait isn't tore though could be an inferior product ;) ;D ;D ::o

Many different options.

Wacky rigging, weightless along the bottom, dead sticking, fishing it like a soft jerkbait, short hops along the bottom, flipping/pitching, etc, etc.

a friend of mine rigged it on a split shot rig with 10lb test mono and a 3/0 to 4/0 hook, i think he did that because it is lighter than the senko and he wanted it to stay on the bottom

dont know if he caught any on that, but i have used them and not felt much weight different, or had any times when i am tossing it weightless and am waiting 2 minutes for it to sink to the bottom. It i s a excellant subsitute in every aspect

imo i like the scent on trick sticks better than senkos, makes me want to eat those trick sticks ;):o

I like to Texas Rig them weightless. I fished them at a private lake that is chocked full of bass. I fish from a small boat and I cast em in tight to cover and work em out about 10-15 feet. Usually reel straight in after that....The typically hit on the first fall or shortly after.

I boated about 25 the other day. The action seems to be very similar, but I would say they are more durable than senko's and certainly cheaper than Senko's or Kinami's.

I am a new senko/trick stick fisherman. I was fishing another private lake and was getting lots of bite, but not hook ups on a t-rigged weighted lizard. I reasoned that the fall was too fast for em, hence they were just grabbing the tail. So I decided to give this 'senko' a try that I had read about on Bass Resource.  In the next hour and a half I landed about a dozen fish. My next two trips to a different lake I over 30 bass on one trip and the second was the one I mentioned above, about 25.

The two different brand peformed pretty similar, but for reasons already mentioned I prefer the trick sticks, plus I like to support sponsors of this site. ;D

I T-rig them weightless. I cast out, let it set for 20-30 seconds, lift my rod tip and let it settle to the bottom again.

Falcon

I have much better success fishing them tc rigged weightless than I do wacky. If they aren't hitting it tc style then I will switch to wacky both ways catch fish.

Watch THIS

Wacky, always.  My reasoning is that I want the max action on every cast.  I let it sink, lift it once and let it sink again.  If no hit, get it in and get it back out there.  

Just like Falcon.