Sign in to follow this  
aggiebassin

rage tail question

i tried out my first rage shad's the other day and they killed.  i was reading another post about a problem another member was having with a pack and Big O said something about certain colors being harder or more durable than others.

i didn't want to hijack the other thread, but i wanted to ask Big O which colors were the most durable or a list of how durable certain colors are.

thanks in advance.

The Pearl White and the Blue Glimmer are a bit firmer plastic and are used alot in salt water applications as well. Since they are firmer, they are more aggressive in sound/action etc. Also means that you have to move them slightly quicker to engage the motion. This can be adjusted on these firmer baits by "Tuning" as was previously mentioned to stretch sharp U bend in tail. Illustration can be viewed on my website message board subject Tuning the Rage Tail Shad.

The other colors are basically the same medium hardness range around 28 durometer. These hardnesses can vary slightly due to additives such as amount of color (dye or pigment), pigment type, glitter amounts etc.

Big O

It is important to know that the longer you fish one of these Rage Shad, the tail will loosen up a bit and the hotter the weather, water etc. the softer the plastic becomes and the more subtle the tail action becomes as well. Hopes this info helps.

Big O  

thanks, i have a pack of the blue glimmer, and hadn't opened them until you replied, and they do seem a little stiffer than the other pack i have, whatever the shad color is called, half gray/smoke and the other half white.

Hey Aggie Bassman, the other color is called Smokey Shad and it's one of my farorites. New colors coming out this Fall but I'm not sure what they are. Sk pros are picking them. Sounds good to me. Just gives me more to choose from.

Big O