Sign in to follow this  
booneangler

Best Paddle Tail Swimbaits

I have been looking at some diferent paddle tail swimbaits and trying to find some good ones. I know i cant find any of the Bass Trix but i would like to know if any of you use the Reaction Strike or the Berkley or even the new ones that are Mann's Hard Nose? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I bought some of the berkely and I really like them. I don't like the hook they give you though. started to tear through the nose so I used a different hook. Most guys say they cost too much but I probably won't throw one everyday so a pack should last some time for me.

Paul

I haven't found any that I don't like and have had pretty good luck on all brands I've tried.

Big O

I'm using the Bass Magic baits.  I have no complaints.  You get 5 baits for  $5.99.  They are on sale around here at most places.

The only ones i've used a lot are the Luck "E" Strike Bass Magic's.  I really like em.  Could have something to do with the personal best caught on them.

If cost is  a factor you can make them last a little longer by sliding the hook tip, not connected your line, through the nose of the bait and out the bottom like you normally would.  Then put the eye of the hook through the hole you just made and tie your line on.  This is a pain since you have to re-tie after every fish, but it keeps the weighted hook from tearing the nose of the bait, saving a little money.