Sign in to follow this  
HOIST-N-HAWGS

UPS ?

Ok here I am all worked up and excited tracking my H2 from kistler that they replaced. I was thrilled to know it left Texas,then to PA and was due to arrive here in RI on the 3rd of March. WAHOOOOOOOOO! :o

I just got todays Tracking e-mail................................

It's Now in CA? WTH!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't be here until the the 6th! Why the heck would it go a few states and 4 days away back cross country and a week away? >:( :-/ :'(

Don't fret, just look at the estimated del date.  As long as that says "on time", then you're safe.  You'd be surprised at where your package goes to get where it's doing.  

Example-many pkgs going from RI to Delaware, go to Illinois first.  Sounds crazy but it's all part of a huge sort.  Pkgs get routed to hubs or super hubs that have outgoing  sorts to the destination area.  These don't always make sense on paper but in the big picture, considering there are things going to that state from all over the world, "centralizing" that volume is key.  This results in some whacky seeming "to/from" routing.

Hey Russ, my issue is why tease me a delivery date of the 3rd and it's in PA then change the date to the 6th and send it back cross country from PA to CA? I would have diven to PA and picked it up ;D

If the original del date was the 3rd, and then it got bumped to the 6th, then that pkg was missed in a sort somewhere and got put on the wroong outbound trailer.  It happens.

NOW,....

Look at the day you ordered it.  Look at your new delivery date.  Is the space in between more than 7 business days?  If so, call the 800 number (1800pickups) and request a refund.

The "ground" pkgs now have a guarantee  (beat THAT fedex,...)  It has a 5-7 day guarantee.  

What will happen is they credit the place with the UPS acct that did the shipping and then they credit you back the $$ you paid for shipping.

This is one you have to "stay on" to collect because the refund has to go through these steps.

If you need help, just let me know.

1st email rec yesterday:Scheduled Delivery: 03-March-2008

HORSHAM,

PA, US 02/28/2008 9:21 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

HOUSTON,

TX, US 02/27/2008 6:41 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

HOUSTON,

TX, US 02/26/2008 8:58 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

CONROE,

TX, US 02/26/2008 8:08 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

02/26/2008 8:01 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

US 02/26/2008 5:32 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

2nd rec today:

Scheduled Delivery: 06-March-2008

SAN PABLO,

CA, US 02/29/2008 3:38 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

SAN PABLO,

CA, US 02/28/2008 11:24 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

MARYSVILLE,

CA, US 02/28/2008 11:23 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

02/28/2008 6:09 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

US 02/28/2008 5:58 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 02/29/2008 6:50 A.M. ET

Not sure how to go about a refund? I sent $50 to Kistler,$35 for rod replacement(deductable) and an extra $15 for return S&H.

You have track # ready.  Call 800 # and explain.  If refund applies, they will inform you that "Kistler" has been credited "X" amount and (I think) give you a reference #)  Then you call Kistler and explain and they are being refunded by UPS and to please also refund you, in turn. (use reference # if needed here)

Not to confuse you, it simply means.......  UPS refunds Kistler and then Kistler refunds you.

This won't be much of an issue, Trey (Kistler) has a great rep for this stuff.

Good luck, if you get stuck, you know where to find me. :)

All the trucks I load go to the Armpit of the state. There were two big 8' tubes that came down today. I will keep an eye out for it. ;)

PM the neighborhood to Tin, he loads those trucks.  He can keep an eye out and make sure it gets loaded in a saf-er place.