Sign in to follow this  
Guest muddy

GUYS FOUND A WAY TO BEAT CABIN FEVER

Guest muddy

I HAVE ZERO CAPABILITIES IN AREAS SUCH AS THESE, I AM AMAZED AT WHAT  THESE GUYS HAVE BUILT

bbq1.jpg

bbq2.jpg

bbq3.jpg

The 3rd one is right up my ally.  I did some glass work on a front end that was transformed into a couch.  

The 1st one looks like the motor could run, fuel cell, radiator,...question is,...Why?

We have a guy here in RI that makes full blown kitchens on a trailer, all stainless.  Next time I do that route, I'll click a pic of the one in his yard, it's a pig roaster, smoker, grill, 4 burner trailer with double sinks and a 100 gal water tank.  It's much more than I can describe, he has figured in some trick storage ideas, etc.  

Creativity Rocks :)

I can almost hear the gears turning in Alpsters head right now,lol  He's thinking,...can I fit another project in here somewhere....?:)

(Like how I planted that seed?  I'm thinking "Pig Roast" on the next BR roadtrip :) )

Guest muddy

We do a pig roast once a year for 120 people One of my favorite days each summer 8-)

Right up there with a Clam Bake or boil.

I held a pick up tourny waaaay back, on my friends island, we called it the "Pig n Jig".  they built the roaster on the island because of "barge limitations", we could not bring one over assembled (so catering was out).

They built it from an old 250 gal oil tank, torched and cleaned, parts from a plumbers torch (propane) and a baffle basically.  Not much to it.

Teddy has seen them with motors to spin the pig but we have the "pig flip" down pat now,lol

Guest muddy

Where we get the pig from, they provide the cooker, on a trailer! We have to turn it by hand. They offer propane grills( we use this) and they have 2 charcoal/wood burning grills....too much work

Where we get the pig from, they provide the cooker, on a trailer! We have to turn it by hand. They offer propane grills( we use this) and they have 2 charcoal/wood burning grills....too much work

This has a handle on the side to help flip the pig too, like a manual rotisserie

The plan they copied was from one that was on a trailer (heating oil tank on trailer).  That was the one we were originally going to use but the only way to get things to the island is by pontoon boat or by pulling the barge (15x15 floating dock) with one of the big boats.  The issue was, we've never put anything on the barge that was on wheels,lol.....it's not the stablest unit around , it's just a square floating dock

Guest muddy

This is always the menu;

Pig

SASSON based Purto Rican Rub ( Angel won't tell us what's in it)

Corn Bread

Collard Greens(made to perfection)

Im not positive but I think that first grill has a hemi.

Cool stuff!!

You want to see some BBQ check out www.sbrandbbq.com also check out the pic of the pit!!

;)

See what you did Muddy?

Michelle and I are going to East St Cafe tonight, known for their PIG!!  They have 3 trailer roasters out back (they also cater) that roll along full time.  I can't wait, I love this meal :)

I wonder how many burgers and dogs he can get to the gallon?

really corny but could not help it.

-searoach

1st AND 2nd pics are Hemi engines:o)

Good to know.  So just "starting" this grill will cost you about $5 in fuel,lol  The good news is that it has the torque to pull your boat to the bar-b-que  ;D

We do

PIG

Baked Beans

Cole slaw

Tater salad

cornbread

watermelon

oh man,...I'm getting hungry :D

Hey, that sounds like good South'rn eatin'. Sure you guys aren't closet south'rn'rs?

If they don't smoke. They aren't worth a dime.

It's a Chevy,....smoke won't be a problem..... ;D