Sign in to follow this  
John J.

A great suggestion!

I was thinking and I came up with a good idea that I don't think would be too much of a problem here on the board.

In the User CP I think it would be a good idea to include a "Journal" feature. That way people can type their fishing reports, etc. in their journal so they can have a good journal accessible every time they log on.

It would be easier than to carry a writing notepad on fishing trips and having to worry about bringing it, etc. All you do after a fishing trip is log on and go straight into your user CP and write in your journal.

And it would be pretty neat if people had access to other's journals through clicking on the icon at the bottom of each post like where the email, website, etc. And that to protect journals for those that don't want people reading them, have an option in the user cp to "Block Viewers" to journal or something...

If this idea won't work with the User CP, then I think it would be a good idea to create another topic under "Everything Else" and do a section specifically for journals so that people can start their own journals, that way other's can see too. If this was a better idea, I think if it is possible to prevent other people (somehow) from posting in each other's journals, but if not, then that's ok.

What do you all think? Is it a good idea?

Hey we could rename this site, FishSpace, or Myfish, or Mybass.

-searoach

Do you write code?

No sorry I don't but I thought it would be a neat and a helpful suggestion to try to improve bassresource even more. If I did I would team up with Glenn and help make it happen. But I am not too computer literate.

Russ,

IS that the code you wanted???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAHAHAHA!!! I'm actually laughing!!! Funny thing is, I just watched a Family Guy episode where they said somthing like that.

Great idea too!

Russ,

IS that the code you wanted???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ahhh crap lol, I should have posted something like that...but Russ probably would have took me seriously  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) JP Russ!  ;)

I plugged in and got nothing.  Tried it backwards and it said something about the devil eating cheese....

What gives Mr. Code Writer?..... ;D