Josh VanderMeer

My EVH Frankenstrat guitar build

This is a guitar that i repainted to look like Eddie Van Halens

Frankenstrat: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--EVH2205150

i basically save my self $24 710 by making it myself ... my total cost was 290$

What the guitar looked like before:

PB200051.jpg

PB200052.jpg

it had a humbucker cavity in the neck position so I had to glue in pieces of wood in to simulate a single coil cavity. The body was really really light and seemed like it was not wood core... my dad thinks it is mdf with a pine veneer but I have no clue exactly what it is.

PB270054.jpg

PB270057.jpg

PB270059.jpg

PC010069.jpg

PC010070.jpg

PC020077.jpg

PC020075.jpg

PC150113.jpg

PC150118.jpg

PC150111.jpg

PC150123.jpg

Thought I'd do a nice evh pose to show all the snow we have in our fron yard :-[

What kind of paint did you use?

-searoach

(by the way My MARSHALL will kill your beringher)

pmed u.... i wish i could afford a marshall... i would love to have a JCM 800 stack... but i can still get some killer tones from my behringer .... what marshall do u have?

get a peavey EVH 5150. dude, you gotta! i had mine hooked up through a marshall 1960A slant cab and that thing wailed. i'd suggest a boss NS-2 noise suppressor if you use alot of gain though. they're handy to have even if you don't get a lot of feedback because they cut down white noise as well.

the frankenstrat looks sick, too. nice job.

I have a Marshall MG250DFX 2x12 combo, 100 watt. I play with my church youth group, and blew my friend away who had an amp exactly like that one.

-searoach

Hey Vandermeer;Nice lookin axe.Are you puttiing a mid p/u?and pick gaurd?I'm kind of a guitar guy,if you need any info I could probly help.03160819471vm7.th.jpg03160818351uh0.th.jpg

no dude Eddie only had the one humbucker wired in... the neck is a dummy... he wasnt too smart with electronics so he didnt bother wiring it  ;D ... i have almost all the exact same specs and features as his original guitar including the 1971 american quarter he has skrewed on the body... nice strat btw... is that a telecaster neck u have in it?

get a peavey EVH 5150. dude, you gotta! i had mine hooked up through a marshall 1960A slant cab and that thing wailed. i'd suggest a boss NS-2 noise suppressor if you use alot of gain though. they're handy to have even if you don't get a lot of feedback because they cut down white noise as well.

the frankenstrat looks sick, too. nice job.

im actually considering buying a peavey windsor half stack... its an all tube half stack that can emulate some really good marshall JCM 800 and Plexi tones... and its only 800 for the stack

I should have got that one I paid 800 for mine, By the way did you sand your guitar body down to wood or just spray over?

-searoach

Dude man sick restoration, that thing is not far off at all from the real deal and your right you saved a boatload. I'll have to post a pic of my project when I get home.

I bought a 50th Anniversary American Stratocaster and customized it to a tee. It was blue body with all chrome hardware and white pickguard and back plate.

I ended up changing out the machine heads for Grover's in black, changed the pick up knob, tone knob, volume knob to circular black knobs, changed out the pickguard to black, replaced the pickups in the bridge and mid with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails which scream especially with pinch harmonics. I also changed the back plate to a black one as well and thre on some DR strings (My Fav). Changed out the bridge to a black (same model bridge as purchased) Anyway the guitar ran me 999.99 on sale presidents day four years back. Had to pick it up.

After all the costs/upgrades to customize it I spent another 350.00 bucks so I've put 1350 into the guitar plus tax.

I run it through a Marshall AVT50 Half Stack with an MG Straight 4 x 12 cab. For distortion I use a Digitech Metal Master and tie that into a noise suppressor and Mark Tremonti Power Wah.

Big on Creed/Alter Bridge stuff only cause Tremonti is god. Also play a lot of Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, As I lay Dying, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, etc. So fairly big into Metal.

Don't play as much anymore but I would never give my guitar or setup away or change it. Love the sound. Only thing I wish I had money for (kinda hard with a kid on the way and occupying myself with fishing) is a AVT150 Half Stack with 1960 Cab or a JCM Half Stack. Someday...

My old band: www.myspace.com/5daysfromdecember

I played Rhythm. Riffs and guitars are great, drums are great, bass is great... pay no attention to the singer. Probably the main reason we didn't get signed. Played in an area where plenty of bands got deals... but unfortunately it's impossible to find a singer in Northern Virginia for this material we played.