Sign in to follow this  
=Matt 5.0=

Sad state of affairs....

I can't figure out why kids today would rather sit in front of a TV screen for hours on end instead of being outdoors.  I was never inside the house.  I think a lot has to do with the parents not setting examples and letting the TV be the baby sitter.  

Arkansas hunting license sales dropped from about 345,000 in 1999 to about 319,000 in 2003.

I'm actually suprised that this many people BUY a license.  We hear rifle shots year around where I hunt.  I'd say half the deer killed every year was poached.

I can't figure out why kids today would rather sit in front of a TV screen for hours on end instead of being outdoors.  I was never inside the house.  I think a lot has to do with the parents not setting examples and letting the TV be the baby sitter.  

I was given a bicycle and a directive- Be home by the time the streetlights come on.

You just can't do that anymore.   Sadly, society has become one which is denying our kids the liberties and freedoms of  previous generations.

^ I am 14 now, I take my bike my parents give me x amount of money and tell me to go out with your friends and be back by 8:00 and call us if anything. It's not everyone, but i have to say in the winter i don't do much at all. Some parent's need to get the kids off the couch and out, or else you will rot and get large.

or else you will rot and get large.

Not the most eloquent way to put it but you sure did nail it!   ;D

It's true and i have seen it happen to people it makes me sick >:(

I'm gonna make sure my kids have some appreciation for the outdoors.My parents took me and my brothers camping once a month back in the day.

However the neighborhood here is filled with ghetto wannabe punks,so his friends are gonna have to get my approval.With that said,i see myself taking him and his friends to the decent park a few miles away.

I remember back when i was 9 and 10 I would wake up go to my friends house across the street first thing, we would get on our bikes and not get off until the light at the corner of the street came on. A computer or video game or the tv was the last thing i had on my mind. I bet 9 and 10 yr olds could work a computer better than i can now. I think it has alot to do with the parents. If they expose the kid to other things than tv or computers then they might strike an interest and want to do it more and more.