Sign in to follow this  
Mobydick

Funny snake story!!!

Today was the first day of spring gobbler. Long story short, i was sittin in the edge of my favorite field. I had two jakes in range but i was waitin for a longbeard. I heard somethin behind me, so i turned around slowly, and to my suprise, a snake was lookin back at me. I like snakes, so this was cool! I thought, " Why you sneaky little ........", He was curled up around the tree i was leanin against. I didn't want to spook the turkeys, so i didn't move. He eventually started to come down towards me, his head was on my lap, and his tail was still on the other side of the tree. He pulled himself around and curled up on my lap, I thought, "Hmmmmm, i bet you'd eat some rats". So when i left, i carried him with me, he curled around my arm the entire 1 3/4 miles home. He was 6 feet and 4 inches, i couldn't touch my fingers together around the biggest part of him. Oh, and he was a black rat snake, very gentle "little" guy he was. I think he curled up on my lap because my camo is kinda dark there, so it ws really warm from the sun.

No, i passed up 2 jakes because i know theres a lot of longbeards out there yet. If i get one, that would fill all my tags except for bear.