Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Ax Men

I think it is pretty good as well.  Much better than Ice Road Truckers.

I like it too, but I don't think it's as good as Deadliest Catch. It's like there's not enough drama if you know what I mean..

I'm not much on reality shows, but those mentioned are all good ones.  The ones like Survivor are the ones that make me want to vomit.  Axmen, Deadliest Catch..........they are "real" reality shows.

I am waiting for someone to do an entire show on the camera crews that shoot these shows. they are moving like 5 times faster than the people they are shooting because they have to run ahead/behind/around/over/under their subjects to get all the right angles for the show. plus, lunch breaks? dinner? whats that?

as far as survivor man, I will watch that over man vs wild anyday. bear gryls just annoys me, and he does all the wrong things! ;D

I like just about all of em but Deadliest Catch is the best IMO.They did do a show on the camera men of Deadliest catch and its on once in a while.

I liked Deadliest catch up until the last few seasons. it is getting a little played out for me at the moment.

I did a story on one of the boats that sank out there, the big valley, on the way back to anchorage we were on the same plane as the shooters for the show....2 of them we talking about how it was the worst experience of their lives....had to sleep bracing themselves with their elbows so they wouldnt fall out of bed  ;D

I like AxMen jsut because of the content, I don't pay any attention to the conflict for entertainments sake they put in it.

And as firefightn15 said I can't stand the other "reality" shows like Survivor.  

And ian515 you mentined Survivor Man being better than man vs. wild, well of course it is.  Less doesn't have a crew right there with him to help him and doesn't cheat.  I remeber one episode last year where Bear Gryls got caught when he was supposedly going through all these rough rapids with his backpack and you could see he had on a lifevest under his shirt.  They also got caught going and staying in a hotel over night then going back out and filming like they were 100 miles from anything.

And ian515 you mentined Survivor Man being better than man vs. wild, well of course it is. Less doesn't have a crew right there with him to help him and doesn't cheat. I remeber one episode last year where Bear Gryls got caught when he was supposedly going through all these rough rapids with his backpack and you could see he had on a lifevest under his shirt. They also got caught going and staying in a hotel over night then going back out and filming like they were 100 miles from anything.

yeah, there were a couple episodes where he got caught not being the "expert" too. if you watch the credits there is someone who is credited as "survival expert".....shouldnt that be bear???? ;D ahhh well, some people like it for the production value, it looks cleaner than survivor man. I just dont like how in the AK episode, he was basically telling people its safe to just jump in the water and swim when you are stranded in the wild :o.....yeah, if you want to die out there!

Ax Men is a show that I wont miss, along with The Alaska EXperiment.  That country in the Ax Men, is country I grew up hunting,hiking and camping in...  Makes me kinda home sick

Ax Men is a show that I wont miss, along with The Alaska EXperiment. That country in the Ax Men, is country I grew up hunting,hiking and camping in... Makes me kinda home sick

I know exactly what you mean. I love watching the AK experiment, thats where I am from. its fun watching these groups struggling out there ;D

I'm getting a kick out of the AK experiment as well.  I nearly laughed my @$$ off when that one guy  was nearly knocked to the ground  after he fired that .300 mag the first time.  

I'm not saying that surviving out there would be easy, but I am totally confident that me and my 7 year old niece could fair better than most of those people.

I loved when they tried to shoot the bison with a .22 and actually thought that would take it down.

and the same guy who shot the .300 thought a .22 would bring down that wolf they were "tracking" ;D