Sign in to follow this  
wareagle83

Sowbelly- The obsessive quest for the world record largemouth bass.  Awesome Read!!

Just finished this book guys and it was great.  If any of you are readers at all, you'll enjoy this book.  It really tells a great side of bass fishing that most anglers never see or hear about too much.  The hours these "Record Chasers" put in, the isolation they seem to endure constantly, even family and work problems when it seems to turn into an unhealthy obsession.   It follows 4 or 5 exclusive big bass chasers, a few of which I've kept up with over the years but never really saw what went on behind the magazine covers and articles.  Pick it up sometime if you get a chance.  The author is Monte Burke.

It's a good read but I wish that it was entirely based on facts. Some of the caracters in the book were bad mouthed because they didn't agree with the writer. Others know more about it than me and you will probably hear from them as well.

Good read though overall.  I finished Iaconelli's book as well.  It was also great.  I'm a big reader though and anything on the outdoors, conservation, survival, or especially fishing is always getting high marks from me.  ;)