Sign in to follow this  
little_stephen

A great day fishing better spent....

So, yesterday I could have gone fishing..... the skies finally cleared here in ohio, and the weather had turned for the better for a day or two.... but I didnt.   Instead, I took my long time gf to a HUGE country concert in Cleveland. It was the Poets & Pirates tour, but thats beside the point.          I think everyone needs to spend some time at home this weekend. In general, the fishing community is known to be a little obsessive. We have all droped everything once or twice when a buddy calls and says the bites on at a local lake. So Take some time out this weekend and spend it with the people you love.

Recently we lost my to be father in law..... He was a fishing adict like myself, and I was even planning a trip for us to go smallmouth fishing on erie. But while I was sitting there yesterday between sets it occured to me that I shoulda gone fishing....... but then I realized how precious the time I was spending with my girl really was. How often I overlook the people around me to persue Mr. Bucketmouth, and it dawned on me that there is no better time to spend with those people than right now.     BESIDES, Its a long weekend. Ill go fishing on monday.... lol ;)

So, everyone post up what they did besides go fishing here. Just take a second and look back and smile at the fact that we have time to spend with them. And that we will have more time to cast that perfect cast, to the perfect spot and land that perfect fish. But right after some more hotdogs opn the grill, and a trip to get some ice cream!

Happy Memorial Day to all. And thank you to any of you who have served our country, young and old alike, and to those of you who have given a loved one for the better future of us all. You are our real heros.

You are right....

I'm staying home monday with the family though(weather is also a factor)....my girl told me to get out fishing this weekend as i might have to be doing a lot less of it this year.She works every other weekend and with the gas prices like they are is keeping me home more often.I guess i'm lucky to have an understanding woman at home.Besides i've been doing all the cooking and cleaning.It counts for something to her.

I'm a bassholic....i'll admit it. But i know when family comes first.