Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

It's Memorial Day!

It's not just about the cookout or the long weekend though, let us bow our heads for a moment to remember all those fallen HEROS who died for our freedoms.  This is a day to remember all those who gave the ULTIMATE sacrifice and to also recognize the families who consequently had to endure without them.

Let's also take a moment to keep our current troops in our thoughts as well.  God Bless and Godspeed on your return.

Thanks to ALL who serve to protect the values we hold so precious and GOD BLESS AMERICA

My nephew came up from Fort Benning for 2 days.  I took him out fishing and we had a blast.... he is going back to Iraq next year.  I thank him for his service every time I talk to him.   When I was in Boy Scouts as a leader, I Loved going out and putting flags on all the veterans graves... then explaining to the boys what Memorial Day was really about... I would hope that it got thru to them and it still means somthing to them besides a cookout with the family.

Hate to be this way, but Memorial Day has become another "Commercialized Holiday" that most Americans do not even know why we have this holiday.

"Hate to be this way, but Memorial Day has become another "Commercialized Holiday" that most Americans do not even know why we have this holiday"

Unfortunately, this as all national holidays, has come to represent sales days and shopping for most. The day of memorial services for those that made the extreme sacrifice is mostly a thing of the past.

Take a moment and offer a remembrance not only for those we lost in all our wars and actions, but also remember that those left behind have also made an extreme sacrifice. To all those many parents, sisters, brothers, and family members,  have as good a day as you can, and remember that we share your pain of loss with you.

"Hate to be this way, but Memorial Day has become another "Commercialized Holiday" that most Americans do not even know why we have this holiday"

Unfortunately, this as all national holidays, has come to represent sales days and shopping for most. The day of memorial services for those that made the extreme sacrifice is mostly a thing of the past.

Take a moment and offer a remembrance not only for those we lost in all our wars and actions, but also remember that those left behind have also made an extreme sacrifice. To all those many parents, sisters, brothers, and family members,  have as good a day as you can, and remember that we share your pain of loss with you.

GW- If you'll read my post, know that it is worded exactly the way it is because of the education I got from you on the subject last yr.  Don't "hate to be this way", because "this way" has taught quite a few of us, quite a few things over the past few yrs. ;)

It was in total agreement with your thoughts, and to add emphasis that I wrote.

It was in total agreement with your thoughts, and to add emphasis that I wrote.

I hadn't noticed that you were quoting FB, I thought YOU were saying "hate to say..."  my mistake :)