Sign in to follow this  
tipptruck1

My insurance rates went down.

Iam so happy. It went down from 250 a month to 178. Then next fall it will go down agian. I will turn 23 next month. When I turned 21 it droped almost 100 dollers. By they way I checked a stock neon with a 2.0 is like 3 dollers less a month. I just might have to go buy more fishing gear.  

Gotta love it when rates go down.  I was surprised how much it went down when I got married.  As long as its going down, that is a good thing.  I was pleasantly surprised when I insured the boat after purchase and it was a very reasonable 103 a year.  And I will get 5% off after the boater safety course that Virginia is implementing.

Insurance companies set their rates based on actuarial projections after viewig their own company claims data and the overall USA claims data for specific lines of coverage and age/sex of drivers, etc.

Now, sex has been removed from auto insurance underwriting guidelines so guys and gals pay the same, but rates are stilled based on your years of driving, garage location, type of vehicle and if you have any tickets.

Statistics show that a new driver (age does not matter) will have at least one accident within the first three (3) years of driving.

So as you get older or more responsible (married) your auto rates will decrease.

Traffic tickets will kill you on your auto rates so please drive safely and avoid any traffic tickets.

A DUI is a death sentence for the standard insurance carriers and they will refuse to cover you if you receive a DUI.

So buckle up; don't follow too close; don't speed too much; and don't drink and drive.

We need you to pay a lot of F.I.C.A. for us old folks!!!!  ;D

Well sam got in a wreck within 5 months of turning 16. I also have one ticket. As far as I know they don't know about it. But thats sweet that males and females are paying the same rates.