Sign in to follow this  
Frank19

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I'm looking into buying one of the new 4 door Jeep Wranglers.  Does anyone here own one?  If so my question is how are you transporting your fishing poles?  Do they fit easily with the seats down?  

Right now I own a Mustang and fitting my poles is the worst.  I have to fold down the seats and the poles still reach all the way up to my center console.   :-/

Well I don't own a jeep. But I have seen them driving down the road. To me they don't seem any bigger then the liberty. The jeep 4 door has like 54 cubic ft of space with the seats down. The liberty has like 64 cubic ft with the seats down. check out jeeps web site if you don't belive me. But when I was driving the liberty I noticed there was no room. With me being 6'2" I could harldy fit in it. That was with the seat all the way back. I think if I wuld have laye down in the back. I could have touched the tail gate and alsmot the dash with my head. I can hardley even get a 6'6" rod in my grandparents montana. But I can fit my rods in my neon. I jusy lay them on the passenger seat. No I don't have to lay the seat all the way down.

Please stick with the original Wrangler.  Ever since Chrysler bought jeep they have been ruining the look of the Jeep tradition.  The older jeeps are so much better of cars.  New Jeeps are too modern, Chrysler ruined the rustic look.

2 points

1. Terrible on gas.  AAnother driver at work just sold his for this reason alone

2. Jeep was voted #1 for most unsatisfied customers in '07  

i have an 05 rubicon unlimited i fit all the gear i want in it with room to spare im 6'2". the unlimited is not the same as the regular wrangler its longer and more spacious it makes a huge diffrence i love mine im sure you will to if you get it and the offroad capabilities of it are incredable...  although mines a 05 2 door the 4door has even more room

SS

Can they pull a bass boat? I am thinking about getting a 4 door but I am worried about towing my boat.

I don't care about gas as I am lucky to have a company car with free gas. So I will only be hunting and fishing with it.

yes they will pull a bass boat no problem and if you ever have any trouble which i doubt put it in 4 low and you can pull a house down.

i plan on pulling my bass boat with it after i buy the boat...

SS

btw are you getting an automatic or manual??

Stay away from a Jeep.

My wife had to have the headlights adjusted for $35 to pass state inspection and any vehicle that is built so poorly to have to have its headlights adjusted is not worth purchasing.

Go with any other vehicle other than a Jeep.

man tough luck with that one huh.. i have had nothing but good from mine and i off road with it too. maybe it was a lemon or something but imho jeep is great its all personal prefrence and it is just the vehicle that fits my personality more than any other.

if i where you i would look into it at the dealer but you should do the same with any vehicle you buy...

best of luck

SS

yes they will pull a bass boat no problem and if you ever have any trouble which i doubt put it in 4 low and you can pull a house down.

i plan on pulling my bass boat with it after i buy the boat...

SS

btw are you getting an automatic or manual??

If I get one, it will be an auto. I just want one for fun but it will have to haul my boat. I am sure it will be fine for duck hunting as well. I will get a hitch haul for deer.

I am going to look at one tomorrow.