Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

The other kind of MOJO

Arkansas Game and Fish just reinstated the legality of spinning winged decoys for this duck season.  I have mixed emotions about this.  It does make hunting easier, which let's newer hunters get involved in the sport.  However, at times it seems to make "hunting" too easy.  All you really have to do is be still and shoot.

I believe AR was the only state to ban winged decoys.  How do you guys in other states feel about them?

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is bringing back spinning wing decoys for duck season, among other changes.

The biggest change is the approval of spinning wing decoys to be used in Arkansas. Use of such decoys was banned in 2004 in Arkansas in hopes of other states following suit and banning the practice as well. That never happened. Now, Arkansas will join the rest of the Mississippi Flyway.

I have one, but I haven't hunted alot in the past few years.  My lab died in January. :-[  I am actually going to sell my camo boat, and my duck and goose decoys.  I will keep 2 dozen duck decoys and my mojo if I feel the need to go set up once or twice.  I like having it and using it.

The question is....did this type of decoy increase the kill-ratio?

I don't believe it had that much affect on improving hunter's bag of limits.

So now it is back but you still have to call them in and then make the shot.

Easier said than done!  ;)

Sam, I've hunted with it an without it.  The thing is like magic here.  It' didn't increase our bags, but it sure got them full quicker and easier.  I almost felt like it was cheating.

If they do increase the kill numbers, I hope they use them more here in S.E. Michigan. We are inundated with ducks and geese in this area.

Falcon