Sign in to follow this  
George Welcome

Gustav

Hope everyone took evacuation advise and are well out of the way. If you had to stay batten down and keep your heads down.

Storm is coming onshore closer to New Orleans than it looked like yesterday.

My family and friends in New Orleans and Cajun country have evacuated.

When I was in New Orleans on August 8 we went crabbing in Reggio's and the marsh was back and beautiful.  We caught 18 dozen blue crabs in four and a half hours.  We had a blast.

The homes were rebuilt in St. Bernard Parish and the trees were alive with Spanish moss.  The marsh was breathtaking. Everywhere you looked was a Kodac moment.

I hope the area can survive this storm, but no matter what happens, Mother Nature will take care of the marsh and the people will rebuild.

My cousin has a fishing guide service out of Shell Beach and he lost his camp with Katrina but found and saved his two boats after the storm. They were about two miles in the marsh after the storm. I guess he may be wiped out, again.

George, my friends in Baton Rouge are staying in town but everyone else have vacated.

Hope this storm is not as bad as advertised.  :-[

My parents are going through hell right now in Baton Rouge.  i'm really worried about them.  Siding has already been torn off of hte house.  I'm debating on driving down there, but I don't think I would make it.  I'm in Northeast LA right now, and it's pretty windy and rainy here, but not so bad yet.  I think the worst is going to hit us tonight.  Should be interesting.  

What is interestig is that my friends in Baton Rouge did not expect to get hit hard.

The LSU Alumni Association employees were called in to work today just in case they are needed on campus, etc.

FOX and Weather Channel said Red Stick was going to get hit hard and it seems this has come true.

I don't know if you can get to Baton Rouge so please make sure the roads are open before you venture out.

Be safe.  ;)