Sign in to follow this  
grimlin

Carpal Tunnel

Does anybody suffer or have this syndrome? Lately I've been feeling a lot of pain in both wrist(more in the right one than left) and it seems to be getting worst.

Doctor visit is coming soon,however i just want to know what to expect will happen?

My girl tells me to just buy a wrist brace.

I have had the surgery done back in 1995 on both wrist. It was not the lazer either. Both were done on a Tuesday two weeks apart. I fished a practice day and a two day tournament three days after each procedure. My doctor said I could do whatever I could handle. No pain and no problems since. The braces and splints do nothing but prolong the problem. Pain in my right wrist had begun shooting up into my right elbow. The first day of fishing was ok, it was the second day that I had the problems( numbness, tingling, and after dropping several rods over the side on hooksets) I had it fixed. It is starting to bother me some again, but nothing bad enough to contemplate any more surgery. Good luck!

My surgery reguired that I have a two-three inch incesion in the palm of each hand to allow access to the boney tendon that runs from your thumb across the base of your palm. This constricts the canal that the nerves run through to your fingers. They had to cut my tendons to allow the nerve canal room to expand and relieve the pressure on the nerves. I'm sure there are newer ways to do it now. Every doctor that I talked to told me to stay away from the lazer surgery. They said it did not last and many times would have to be redone. Just remember this was 13 years ago and there are probably new ways to cure this that were not known at that time. I fished with the stiches in my palms and it did not bother me at all. My doctor(Carter Crouch - Texas Ortohpedic Hospital) in Houston only ask that I try to keep the incesions dry for a few days.

Thanks for the reply bro,doesn't look like i have too much to worry about then if I'm gonna need surgery.Lately it's just numbing pain and when i try to close my hand to make a tight fist i can't do so.

What is the cost of something like this?