Sign in to follow this  
huskertko

What game should i get?

Ok, so I bought a new tv and I have to return it because the HDMI inputs don't work.  I think I bought too big of tv for my view space, so I am going to buy a smaller one, and since it it cheaper than the original, I am going to use the difference to buy a PS3.

What game should I buy with it?  I have a several games for my PS2 but I am not really very good at any of them, so I am going to get just one game for the PS3 and really focus on becoming good at it before I buy any others.

I am leaning toward either MLB 2008 the Show, Madden 09, or NCAA 09.  Any suggestions?

Madden 09 is good.  Guitar Hero is always great and the new one is similar to Rock Band, so you can play with multiple people.  

NHL 09 comes out, and it's gonna whip tail.  The demo was great.  I am so excited to go buy it today.

Have you ever played the GTA series?  GTA 4 is wicked fun.  

I am a Call of Duty fan... the game is great, and the online gaming is absolutely fantastic as well...

I should have put the asterix behind the question that the games needs to be rated no worse than Teen, not from my standpoint, but I can't or don't want to play shooter/violent/gory games when my 2 yr old and 5 yr old will see them.  I personally would love to get COD4, but it would really limit when I could play it, like only when they are in bed or napping.

Trust me-if you bought COD4 you would be hard pressed to limit yourself to just playing when the little ones were asleep. It's addictive. Good call on leaving that out and I think it's great you choose not to introduce that to your children. I've always preferred NCAA 09 over Madden but I think that's personal preference. Not a fan on baseball games.

does anyone know if it is possible to download new classes with NCAA football?  Meaning, next year when there are new players for the teams, can you download them and incorporate them into the game?

does anyone know if it is possible to download new classes with NCAA football? Meaning, next year when there are new players for the teams, can you download them and incorporate them into the game?

I think one of my friends had a new roster he uploaded a few years ago.  I have no idea where he got it though.