Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Funny Story

Funny Story

The names will not be released to protect the innocent.

Buddy hits the Chickahominy River in central Virginia and he motors across the river to the pads I showed him this summer and where he caught a bass.

He takes his baitcaster armed with the new frog he bought the day before and casts it into the pads.

Only problem is that he hits the rod tip on one of his other rods in the boat and the frog snaps off and files about 10-feet into the pads.

So now he is angry.  His new frog is now sitting in the pads and he is determined to get it.

He tries to troll into the pads and goes about two-feet when he gets stuck.  Pads are too strong and bunched together to get through them.  

He then decides to lift the trolling motor so that the prop is on top of the pads so he can go the remaining eight-feet and get that new frog.

Only problem is that when he looks up after resetting the trolling motor, the frog is gone.

Yes, that's right.  Gone.

A nice bass came up and sucked it under.

I just thought this was a very funny story.  I guess if you knew the guy you would be on the floor in laughter.

I get a chuckle out of it when I think of his reaction when the bass took the new frog.  ;D

Just imagine what happens when you cast off a 3:16 Armageddon on top of PRIME bass structure.

I'll tell you, the 30 second boat ride over to it is nerve wracking. At any time a $250 bait could dissapear and even worse a fish of a lifetime.

Just imagine what happens when you cast off a 3:16 Armageddon on top of PRIME bass structure.

I'll tell you, the 30 second boat ride over to it is nerve wracking. At any time a $250 bait could dissapear and even worse a fish of a lifetime.

Yep, I hate it when that happens.

thats when you need to start smacking the water obnoxiously with an oar to scare any bass away  ;D